BioStep® 2 Semi-Recumbent Elliptical
Combine the benefits of smooth, elliptical Cross-training exercise with the comfort, safety and Stability of semi-recumbent positioning. Zero joint impact plus biomechanically correct arm, leg and ankle motion emulates natural walking patterns. Biostep 2…the obvious choice for cross training.
• Elliptical motion - provides smooth continuous “zero joint impact” exercise
• Self-powered, self-charging, cordless capability - use it anywhere
• 1:1 arm to leg motion - for natural arm swing rhythm
• Pivoting handgrips – provide comfort for patients forearm or wrist impingements
• Rotating seat to 90° on either side and step-through design for easy and safe entry and exit
• Optimized seat height - for wheelchair transfers and controlled hip flexion
• Up to 600 watts - to accommodate a wide spectrum of users.
• Constant resistance with 20 effort levels - provides greater program options.
• Integral contact and Polar® Telemetry compatible heart rate monitoring to ensure proper training intensity.
• Sturdy, well-placed grab handles to facilitate patient transfer.
• Large easy-to-use “Quick Start” display - features time, RPM, watts, calories, METs, distance, total steps, heart rate.
• Large utility holder - provides a convenient storage place for water bottles and allows for hands-free reading
• Robust design - for heavy institutional uses.
• Optional Stabilization Packages - Standard and Advanced.
• Senior Rehab, Wellness and Fitness Centers,
• Neurorehabilitation, Cardiac Rehabilitation,
• Orthopedic/Sports Medicine and more
NATURALLY SMOOTH… POSITIVELY EFFECTIVE
The elliptical motion of the BioStep 2 is naturally smooth and continuous; very different from the stuttering stop-start motion associated with other recumbent steppers. The step-through frame, simple easy-to-see and use display and comfortable, robust design make the BioStep 2 the obvious choice for cross training.
THE BIODEX BIOSTEP 2 HELPS PATIENTS AND THEIR THERAPISTS ACHIEVE MULTIPLE REHABILITATION OBJECTIVES
If there is one piece of equipment for all your patients... this is it. The BioStep 2’s fluid, elliptical motion is forgiving on the knees, ankles, hips and lower back… a natural closed-chain low-impact functional exercise. The BioStep 2 reduces joint impact because the user is not required to lift and strike their feet on the walking surface. By combining lower extremity motion with upper body, the BioStep 2 provides a total body workout in both forward and reverse directions, thereby involving different muscle groups.
IDEAL FOR OLDER ADULTS
Low impact total body exercise is ideal for senior fitness. The low-impact elliptical motion of the BioStep 2 reduces the jarring impact often associated with the stop-start motion so common with other recumbent steppers. The BioStep 2’s motion also helps strengthen the muscles important to maintaining function; those muscles specifically associated with mobility, walking and balance.
GREAT FOR CARDIAC REHABILITATION
BioStep 2 incorporates both the upper and lower extremities into the cycling motion; patients experience less local muscle fatigue. This allows similar heart rates to be achieved at lower rates of perceived exertion when compared to traditional exercise ergometers. Blood pressures can be
checked while the patient continues to exercise by simply releasing one arm while the other three extremities comfortably continue to perform the exercise. BioStep 2 is ideal for patients who may experience leg claudication during exercise. Patients can easily reduce the effort in the involved leg, while keeping heart rate elevated, by transferring a greater portion of the workload to the non-involved extremities. When the cramping subsides, exercise can be transferred back, proportionately, to all four extremities.
WELLNESS/GENERAL AEROBIC CONDITIONING
If there is one piece of equipment for general aerobic conditioning of your adult population, this is it. BioStep 2 provides a zero impact, safe and comfortable total body workout in both forward and reverse directions.
• Dimensions: 54" l x 28" w x 44" h
• Weight: 202.5 lb (92 kg)
• Certifications: ETL listed to UL60601-1 (137 x 71 x 112 cm)
• Power: Self-Powered; no external power and CAN/CSA C22.2 No.601-1-M90. CE
• Resistance: Constant resistance with requirement at user work rates over 30 conformity to EN 60601-1, EMC 20 effort levels watts and 50 rpms; adapter is provided compliance to EN 60601-1-2.
• Work Rate Range: Up to 600 watts to power system and charge battery
• Warranty: Two years parts; (120 rpm) during applications below 30 watts and one-year labor
• Heart Rate Monitoring: Polar® Telemetry 50 rpms; battery automatically recharges contact handgrip (telemetry compatible) at work rates above 30 watts and 50
• Readouts: Time, RPM, watts, calories, rpms. METs, heart rate, distance and total steps AC Adapter included.
• User Capacity: 500 lb (227 kg)